It is the time of year when people are cleaning up their yards from all of the winter debris and this year, due to the hard winter, there are more downed tree limbs than usual. Every year this becomes an important issue. This year we will be citing violators who ignore the ordinance and burn on days that are not permitted days or permitted times:
Days of burning are limited to Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays from May 1 through May 31, and October 15 through November 30.
• Only those people who reside in a single family residence may burn. This does NOT include mobile homes.
• Burning is permitted from dawn to dusk.
• Only small quantities of leaves and brush may be burned. The burning of trash or waste is prohibited.
• Open burning is prohibited within 50 feet of any structure, in right-of-ways, or in roadways.
• An adult must be in attendance of the fire at all times and provide a method of extinguishment such as a garden hose and a metal rake or shovel.
• Please be considerate of your neighbors when burning. If we receive complaints about your fire creating excessive smoke, you may be asked to put it out.
Here is a video from last year that explains it.