Those beautiful autumn leaves are finally coming off the trees. Leaf burning (and only leaf burning) is still permitted in Auburn Hills. Here are the rules:
Days of burning are limited to Mondays, Wednesdays, Fridays and Saturdays from May 1 through May 31, and October 15 through November 30.
• Only those people who reside in a single family residence may burn. This does NOT include mobile homes.
• Burning is permitted from dawn to dusk.
• Only small quantities of leaves and brush may be burned. The burning of trash or waste is prohibited.
• Open burning is prohibited within 50 feet of any structure, in right-of-ways, or in roadways.
• An adult must be in attendance of the fire at all times and provide a method of extinguishment such as a garden hose and a metal rake or shovel.
• Please be considerate of your neighbors when burning. If we receive complaints about your fire creating excessive smoke, you may be asked to put it out.
Here is a video from last year that explains it.